Sunday 14 October 2012

I PHONE TO HEAVEN

 
 

I recently purchased my first iPhone and all I can say is, I'm hooked! I have to admit though, that before I had my own iPhone, as I saw people walking around the stores texting or talking on their phones, I felt a bit perturbed. I would think to myself, "Can't they be without their phones for just one minute?" or "It's okay not to be available 24/7." Now I'm no different, for the simple reason that I found myself standing in a store the other day, texting and talking on my iPhone!


I can do all kinds of things on my iPhone - things like checking the Internet and my emails. I also keep a daily reminder. It even has an alarm. But what I enjoy most of all is the texting. Why, you might ask? I can stay in touch with family and friends. I love being able to send a little note to say hi, I love you or even just the icon of a happy face...like this :) They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, I'm beginning to think a few words in a text or something as simple as a happy face can be worth their weight in gold too.
 

It reminds me of something that I take for granted and perhaps don't do as often as I should and that's pray! As a matter of fact, prayer is far more advanced "technology" than the iPhone will ever be. We have a direct line to the throne room in heaven, 24/7. Whenever we call, there's always a happy face waiting on the other end of the line. We can talk to the almighty Creator any time, anywhere, whether it's in the store or driving in the car. We don't even have to pull over in fear of getting a distraction law ticket!

So next time you go to call someone on your iPhone, say a little prayer for God's protection and blessing on them. Ask Him to make His happy face shine upon them and give them His peace.

May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show His favour and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:24-26) NLT

Until next time.
Be Blessed,
Terilyn

Photos courtesy of www.photopin.com and www.publicdomainphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment