Friday 2 February 2018

At Home In My Heart

As I walked down the hallway to my daughter’s bedroom, the lingering scent of her perfume brought a sense of soothing peace. Yet at the same time, I also felt a sadness in my soul. The remnants of the sweet fragrance of her presence are but a precious memory now.
My eyes filled with tears as I thought about our time spent together over the Christmas holidays. Although we were all battling head colds, her dad and I enjoyed every moment with her and her fiancĂ©.  I felt thankful that I live in an age of modern technology where I can call, text, or Face Time my family whenever I like.
What brings me the most joy is the love I have in my heart for my daughter and the loving relationship we share. There's a closeness in spirit that remains even though physically we may live miles apart.  It's a connection that transcends beyond even our modern technology. Even though I miss her so much, I’m comforted in knowing we have a kindred spirit because we share the same belief in a loving God who lives inside both of our hearts.  He is a loving Father who watches over us and cares deeply about every aspect of our lives. He is a Counsellor, abiding in us, to whom we can talk and take every concern we have for each other every moment of the day. He is our Saviour who promises He would never leave us nor forsake us.
And, so I count the days until my daughter is home again and the aroma of her sweet presence will once again fill my home with love.  I will hold her ever so close in my heart, and I thank God for every moment we have together here on earth until that day we are home together with the Lord in heaven for all eternity! Amen, let it be so! 
 
photos by family photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment